How to export the Outlook address book
Looking for a way to export your Outlook Address Book to another program? Outlook 97 and Outlook 98 doesn't come with a built-in method to export the address book, but if you have Outlook Express 4.x here's an indirect method:
- Run Outlook Express 4.x (if you don't already have it, install Explorer 4.x full version)
- Select "File | Import | Address Book..." from the main menu
- Select "Microsoft Exchange Personal Address Book"
- Click "Import" and click "Close" once the importing is completed
To export the address book:
- Select "File | Export | Address Book..." from the main menu
- Select "Text File (Comma Separated Values)"
- Click "Export"
- Type a file name in the "Save exported file as" input box.
- For example type, "C:\MYADRBOK.CSV"
- Click "Next"
- Optionally select the fields you wish to export and click "Finish"
- Click "Close" once the exporting is completed
You're now ready to import the newly exported Outlook address book (C:\MYADRBOK.CSV
file for example) into the program you were trying to export to. CSV (comma separated values) text files are supported by almost all programs with the ability to import information from external programs. Refer to the documentation for further instructions.
Applicable Keywords : Email, Internet Explorer, Explorer 4.x, Internet, Windows NT, Windows NT 4.x, Outlook, Outlook 97, Outlook 98, Outlook Express 4.x, Windows, Windows 95, World Wide Web