How to edit or remove program sounds
Are there certain system or program sounds that you want to get rid of or replace with your preferred sounds? For example, if you frequently start and exit certain programs with "welcome sounds," you may want to disable such sounds to create a more silent environment.
- Go to the Control Panel ("Start | Settings | Control Panel" menu item)
- Double click on Sounds icon
- Scroll through the list of event sounds and select the program and the related event that you want to modify
- Use controls at the bottom to disable (set sound name to "None") or select a different sound
- Click "OK" and close the Control Panel before testing the event sound
Applicable Keywords : Windows NT, Windows NT 4.x, Windows, Windows 95